Sunday, November 2, 2008

The apple tree

I live in Tuscany,
where the birds chirp, and the animals cry their cries.
It is a peaceful place a very peaceful place.
The only thing that I worry about is a little apple tree that is dying.
It is smaller than the other apple trees.
It does not have many apples on it, the other apple trees have a dozen apples on them.
This little apple tree does not, it only has 3 or 4.
So I go out and see what is wrong.
I realized it was just a baby tree, and that is why it didn't have many apples on it.
So I let it be and never had to worry about anything ever again.

2 comments:

bearle said...

Hi, Alice, I love your stories, especially the one about the apple tree! And the picture of you in the
a-cat is great.
I am stilling knitting the sweater for Baboo. I am very sloooooow. Your mom told me you got new knitting needles. I found some pretty yarn I am going to send you.
Yesterday we walked to the beach. It was warm and the ocean was beautiful; it was low tide. I'm sure if you and Jane were here, you would have jumped in.
Baboo and I miss you! baci, Granny

Alice said...

I miss you too Granny. And you are not slow at knitting. Keep it a surprise what color the yarn is going to be. Love, Alice
P.S. I miss you and Baboo, Bye.